Clipboard sync allows you to copy a text on one device and paste it on another. This feature improves your workflow as you don’t have to retype text when you switch devices.
Chrome Canary is a prerelease version of the Google Chrome browser for phones and Computers
At this moment, you will need Chrome Canary version on both your computer and your phone to use this feature.
1) Download Chrome Canary
Google doesn’t offer this app on iOS, just the beta. It’s only available for Android and for macOS and Windows.
You can download the app on both your computer and your Android device in the links down below.
2) Enable Clipboard Sync on Your Computer
- Open Chrome Canary on your computer
- Type chrome://flags into the address bar, then hit enter.
- Type “clipboard” into the search field at the top of the screen to find the following flags.
- Click the drop-down menu next to each one and choose “Enabled”:
Once enabled, you will be prompted to relaunch the browser via a button near the bottom of the page. Select it to reload the browser with the features enabled.
3) Enable Clipboard Sync on Your Phone
- Open chrome://flags in the Canary browser on your phone.
- Search for “clipboard” again
- Select “Enabled” from the drop-down menu next to the following flags:
Again, you will need to tap “Relaunch Now” at the bottom of the screen to restart the browser with the clipboard flags enabled.
4) Share Your Clipboard Between Devices
To use this feature, while browsing the web on your computer:
- Select a line of text and right-click it (click with two fingers if you are using macOS).
- Now, choose “Send a text to X” from the drop-down menu (X will be the name of your Android phone or tablet).
- An alert will appear on your phone informing you that text was shared from the computer and copied to the clipboard.
- Now, all you have to do is select “Paste” on your phone and bam.
- The text you copied from your computer will appear.
You can also share text from your phone to your computer:
- Select the text in Chrome Canary
- Choose “Share,” and then “Send text to Your Computer.”
- From there, just choose the computer you wish to send it to.
- After you see a brief notification on your phone, you can now simply paste on your computer like normal and the text you just copied will appear.
- You can also copy and paste text between different computers.